When I was pregnant with my second daughter I had a friend give me some Red Raspberry Combination capsules to take. She explained how her aunt swore by them, giving her amazing labor/deliveries and a lot less bleeding and after pains during all of her births. I took them gratefully . . . and they sat in my cupboard. I didn’t end up using them; I just forgot to take them every day. Over the last month or so I have done a lot of reading about Red Raspberry tea while pregnant and have discovered that it’s definitely something I wanted to incorporate into this last stretch of my pregnancy. Because Red Raspberry causes the strengthening of the uterus it can lead to contractions and may not be recommended during the first trimester or limited to one cup per day for some women. Red Raspberry is now the most commonly known, widely used, and safest of all uterine and pregnancy herbs.
– Vitamin E
– Easily assimilated calcium and iron
– Manganese and magnesium
– Vitamin A
– Vitamin B complex
– Many minerals including phosphorous and potassium
Benefits of Red Raspberry:
– Gives tone to the muscles of the pelvic region, including the uterus itself
– Relieves morning sickness
– Reduces pain during labor and after birth. By toning the muscles used during labor and delivery, Red Raspberry Leaf eliminates many of the reasons for a painful delivery and prolonged recovery
– Sucking on ice cubes made from frozen red raspberry while in labor has been said to keep contractions steady and effective as well as facilitate delivering the placenta
– Increases fertility in men and women, especially if combined with Red Clover
– Tones the uterus, helps prevent miscarriage as well as postpartum hemorrhage from a relaxed or “atonic” uterus
– Because of the high mineral content, red raspberry leaf can assist in plentiful breast milk production
– Regulates menstrual cycle. Drinking 2-3 cups per day for a few months can regulate the cycle in most women.
– Said to reduce menstrual cramps in all women of childbearing age (yes, please)
– Used as an astringent on the skin and to cure acne.